[Asterisk-Users] * Announcement * Astricon 2004 - call for speakers!
Olle E. Johansson
2004-04-15 13:16:41 UTC
We're proud to announce Astricon 2004 - the first Asterisk user's
and developer's conference!

* Where? Atlanta, USA
* When? September 22-24, 2004

The conference is arranged in partnership with Digium.inc and the keynote speaker is
Mark Spencer, lead developer of Asterisk - the Open Source PBX. Among the speakers
already signed on are Ed Guy of Pulver.com, John Todd, Jeremy McNamara (NuFone) and
collegues from the SIP Foundry Open Source project.

Main topics:

* Integrating the PBX with the IT infrastructure: Asterisk for the Enterprise
* VOIP migration in-a-box: Asterisk for Service providers
* Lower cost, more flexibility: Asterisk for Call Centers
* Your VoIP Swiss Army Knife: Asterisk for developers
* Managing your Asterisk PBX: from the CLI to the GUI

Agenda in brief:
* Wednesday: Tutorials - in depth sessions held by VoIP and Asterisk gurus
Tutorials will be arranged both for newbies and pro's
* Thursday: Conference and exhibition
* Friday: Asterisk developer's meeting

Early bird registration will start soon at discounted rates on the web site,
http://www.astricon.net

We're now in the process of setting up the agenda and are looking for speakers
and sponsors.

Send a tutorial or speaker's proposal to ***@astricon.net including

* A subject
* A brief description (five-six lines)
* Target group (if tutorial)
* Name and contact information
* A digital picture of yourself (for the conference web)

We need proposals no later than april 30, 2004. You may of course also propose
other speakers than yourself :-)

If you're working for a company that sells Asterisk-related products and
services, there's an oppurtunity to show your products and sponsor the
event. Contact us at ***@astricon.net for more information.

Looking forward to meeting you all in Atlanta!

Steven Sokol Olle E. Johansson
***@astricon.net ***@astricon.net
Matteo Brancaleoni
2004-04-15 14:45:28 UTC
eh, very good idea...

but how about for alaw people?
Any plans to make another conference in EU world?

Matteo.

P.S. unfortunately I cannot join... too much money for me.
Post by Olle E. Johansson
[...]
Espia System Administrator
Email : ***@espia.it
Web : http://www.espia.it
Phone : +39 02 70633354 - ext 201
IAX(2): ***@213.140.14.155 - ext 201
Iaxtel: 1-700-56-62458 - ext 201
SIP : ***@sip.voismart.it
Olle E. Johansson
2004-04-15 16:34:45 UTC
Post by Matteo Brancaleoni
eh, very good idea...
but how about for alaw people?
And E1's and EuroISDN :-)
Post by Matteo Brancaleoni
Any plans to make another conference in EU world?
We'll start with one conference for everyone. As I'm also
based in Europe, having a European followup is an idea
that is within our plans. (Also, Steven needs to
visit Alaw-land :-)

Right now, we need to focus and gather the community in one spot for the first
time.

For those of you visiting Von Europe in june, maybe you can set up an
Asterisk community meeting - like the one we had in Santa Clara.

Best regards,
/Olle
Stephen Karrington
2004-04-15 18:40:24 UTC
Can someone direct me to the site for Von Europe? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Stephen Karrington
Dreamtime.net Inc.
http://www.dreamtime.net
http://www.emailblaster.us

Corporate Office
101 California Street, 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-5802

Voice - 877-203-9308
Fax - 310-943-2606

Dreamtime is your global choice for worldwide communication services, viral marketing software and direct sales
channel automation.

Steven Critchfield
2004-04-15 16:17:44 UTC
Post by Olle E. Johansson
We're proud to announce Astricon 2004 - the first Asterisk user's
and developer's conference!
* Where? Atlanta, USA
* When? September 22-24, 2004
We're now in the process of setting up the agenda and are looking for speakers
and sponsors.
Do we need a presentation on how to behave on the list to avoid getting
flamed by me, or should I just show up with an appropriate LART device
to fix problem people during the normal presentations?

Too many conferences I want to attend, but this one is a must attend.
Steven Critchfield <***@basesys.com>
Jeremy McNamara
2004-04-15 20:39:18 UTC
Post by Steven Critchfield
Do we need a presentation on how to behave on the list to avoid getting
flamed by me, or should I just show up with an appropriate LART device
to fix problem people during the normal presentations?
Maybe we should we bring the cattle prod tradition from that other
CON :)
Post by Steven Critchfield
Too many conferences I want to attend, but this one is a must attend.
Most certainly!

Jeremy McNamara

Scott Stingel
2004-04-15 19:52:04 UTC
Here's the link. It's 7-10 June, in London.

http://pulver.com/europe2004/register.html

Warning: Unlike Santa Clara, they've for some reason decided not to have an
exhibits-only pass available. You have to pay a lot for a full conference
pass to attend. Maybe some feedback would be in order to the organiser.
Please let the list know if they change their mind!

Cheers
Scott

Scott M. Stingel
President,