[Asterisk-Users] G.729 codec for X-lite soft phone
Daniel Eboa
2005-02-09 15:00:47 UTC
Hello all,

Is X-lite soft phone support G.729 ? I actually use it but there is no
G.729 support. Anyone know where to have it?

Regards.

Daniel.
Matthew Boehm
2005-02-09 15:55:12 UTC
you have to buy pro version for 729, $50.

-Matthew

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT)
2005-02-09 17:08:05 UTC
_____

Hello all,

Is X-lite soft phone support G.729 ? I actually use it but there is no
G.729 support. Anyone know where to have it?

Regards.

Daniel.

/Snip/

Daniel,

You know that X-lite does not support G.729 and you also know where to
have it, dont you?

if you read your questions a couple of times, you will find answers
there. Also, if you ever Visit Xten site and look at the information
there, you will know what is, and what is not , supported in X-Lite and
X-Pro.

Sending questions like these to a busy forum like Asterisk only make it
ever more difficult for people who are trying to wade through the
thousands of emails posted here, for useful information.

Please be considerate

Seshu

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.
Daniel Eboa
2005-02-09 18:29:43 UTC
Sir,

I think when somebody asked a question, is because he doesn't know the answer. Even maybe when for some people like you, the answer is evidence. Thinking that I know the answer of the question I asked, suppose that I'm stupid, while I'm not. I you feel offence by the question I asked, please simply ignore it.

Regards.

Daniel.

________________________________

Adrian Chapman
2005-02-09 20:51:18 UTC
Post by Daniel Eboa
Sir,
I think when somebody asked a question, is because he doesn't know the
answer. Even maybe when for some people like you, the answer is
evidence.
Thinking that I know the answer of the question I asked, suppose that
I'm stupid, while I'm not.
I you feel offence by the question I asked, please simply ignore it.
Regards.
Daniel.
Daniel,

I think you'll find that Seshu was implying you do a little basic
research for yourself. It's easier than asking here, and you get an
answer more quickly.

A two second visit to www.xten.com, and clicking on the clearly labelled
link to compare the free and paid versions of the softphone shows that
one difference between the free and paid versions is that the paid
version supports G.729a. Get your credit card out, and your desires are met.

http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=products&smenu=compare
--
Adrian Chapman
Director
07796 690210 - 01582 626552
Sergey Kuznetsov
2005-02-09 20:59:45 UTC
Adrian,

Have you ever read the note for that?

=head Comment

* NOTE
G.729a for X-PRO Pocket PC is available with a minimum
order of 20,000 units,
G.729a for X-PRO Mac OSX is available with a minimum
order of 10,000 units,
G.729a for LindowsOS is not available at this time.
=cut
Post by Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT)
Post by Daniel Eboa
[...]
All the Best!
Sergey.
=========================
Sergey Kuznetsov
President/CEO
High Intellectual Technologies, Inc.

Web: http://www.hitcalls.com
E-mail: ***@highintellect.com
Business phone: (416) 548-9700
Mobile phone: (647) 287-8448
Adrian Chapman
2005-02-09 21:14:03 UTC
Post by Sergey Kuznetsov
Adrian,
Have you ever read the note for that?
=head Comment
* NOTE
G.729a for X-PRO Pocket PC is available with a minimum
order of 20,000 units,
G.729a for X-PRO Mac OSX is available with a minimum
order of 10,000 units,
G.729a for LindowsOS is not available at this time.
=cut
It reads as included with a minimum order of 1 unit for Windoze, though.

I may be wrong.
07796 690210 - 01582 626552
Sergey Kuznetsov

Mobile phone: (647) 287-8448
Dana Olson
2005-02-09 21:14:10 UTC
And for Windows, a minimum purchase of 1 unit... Is he using Mac or
PocketPC? If not, then he doesn't have to worry.

Post by Sergey Kuznetsov
Kuznetsov
President/CEO
High Intellectual Technologies, Inc.
Post by Sergey Kuznetsov
http://www.hitcalls.com
E-mail: ***@highintellect.com
Business
Post by Sergey Kuznetsov
phone: (416) 548-9700
Mobile phone: (647) 287-8448
Sergey Kuznetsov
2005-02-09 21:45:22 UTC
Oops, my fault!

Disclaimer: Where is my favorite coffee mug ?!
Post by Sergey Kuznetsov
Kuznetsov
President/CEO
High Intellectual Technologies, Inc.