[asterisk-users] parkcall: How to remove announcement.
Alexandre Rodrigues
2010-08-16 16:10:45 UTC
Hello all,

I want to park calls using the callpark application, but I don't want to
hear the saydigit when the called is parked.

To resolve this issue I use the following instruction in the dialplan:

exten => _8XX,1,ParkAndAnnounce(|1000|local/***@default|)

Because local/***@default is not defined to a peer I get a lot of warnings.
:(

Is there a better way to resolve this issue??

Thanks in advance.

Alex
Danny Nicholas

exten => _8XX,1,Park()
Alexandre Rodrigues
2010-08-16 17:31:42 UTC
Hi Danny,

Thanks for your replay.

When the call is parked using parkcall I get the following sequence of
messages from asterisk console:

Executing [***@internal:1] Park("SIP/test_peer-00000004", "") in new stack
== Parked SIP/test_peer-00000004 on ***@parkedcalls. Will timeout back to
extension [internal] s, 1 in 1000 seconds
-- Added extension '701' priority 1 to parkedcalls
-- <SIP/test_peer-00000004> Playing 'digits/7' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/test_peer-00000004> Playing 'digits/0' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/test_peer-00000004> Playing 'digits/1' (language 'en')
-- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/test_peer-00000004
== Spawn extension (internal, s, 1) exited non-zero on
'Parked/SIP/test_peer-00000004<ZOMBIE>'

How can I remove the "Playing digits" from parkcall application?

The only way I found, as I said before, is to used application
ParkAndAnnounce and send the announce to a dummy peer.
Using this method I get a lot of warnings.

Is there a better method???

Thanks in advance,

Alex
Post by Danny Nicholas
Rodrigues
Post by Alexandre Rodrigues
Hello all,
I want to park calls using the callpark application, but I don't want to
hear the saydigit when the called is parked.
warnings. :(
Philipp von Klitzing
2010-08-16 20:48:34 UTC
Hi!
Post by Alexandre Rodrigues
How can I remove the "Playing digits" from parkcall application?
In general you can address problems like this by creating your own set of
sounds files where the obstructing files are either simply missing or
replaced by silence. Use Set(LANGUAGE) right before the action (here:
parking the call) and create your own imaginary language strucutre below
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/.

Philipp
Danny Nicholas
2010-08-16 17:38:11 UTC
From: asterisk-users-***@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-***@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Alexandre
Rodrigues

<snip>

You could try

exten => _8XX,1,ParkAndAnnounce(|1000|console/dsp|)
Danny Nicholas
2010-08-16 21:08:16 UTC
From: asterisk-users-***@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-***@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Philipp von
Klitzing
Post by Alexandre Rodrigues
Post by Philipp von Klitzing
Hi!
How can I remove the "Playing digits" from parkcall application?
Post by Philipp von Klitzing
In general you can address problems like this by creating your own set of
sounds files where the obstructing files are either simply missing or
replaced by silence. Use Set(LANGUAGE) right before the action (here:
parking the call) and create your own imaginary language strucutre below
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/.
Post by Alexandre Rodrigues
Post by Philipp von Klitzing
Philipp
Not a bad suggestion Phillipp, but you "lose points" for suggesting missing
files as OP wanted a way to reduce/eliminate warning messages. But to
elaborate on this, OP could set up the "imaginary" language as any two
letter code that asterisk recognizes and just copy 0.gsm thru 9.gsm from
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/en to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/xx
where xx is the imaginary language (fr - French, gr - german, es - Spanish
for starters). Of course you would want to overlay these 10 files with a
"silence" file.

Then in the dialplan
Exten => _8XX,1,Set(CHANNEL(language)=xx)
exten => _8XX,n,ParkAndAnnounce(|1000|local/***@default|)
Exten => _8XX,n,Set(CHANNEL(language)=es) - without this, any further sounds
in the call would be in xx language.
Alexandre Rodrigues