[asterisk-users] Multiple Channel Variables with AMI Originate
Matthew Edmondson
2009-12-04 00:22:19 UTC
Hi guys I seem to be having a problem, I don't know if it's a bug or whether
I'm just doing it incorrectly.

I want to set about 3 channel variables when I originate a call via AMI.

All the documentation I have found says to do it like this:

Variable: variable1=value|variable2=value|variable3=value

However when I do this it runs them all together and I end up with:

variable1 = "value|variable2=value|variable3=value"

Instead of:

variable1 = "value"
variable2 = "value"
variable3 = "value"

So I think the delimiters are not working.

I tried just adding multiple "Variable:" lines one for each, but it only
sets the first one and ignores the rest.

Thanks! --Matt
Jim Dickenson
2009-12-04 00:33:01 UTC
I do this:

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/***@cfmc_cdi_private
Exten: queue_answer
Context: cfmc_cdi_private
Variable: CfMC_ActionID=CallAndQueue
Variable: CfMC_QueueToUse=tqe
Variable: CfMC_AgentToUse=1001
Variable: CfMC_DialInfo=SIP/GXP280_18
Variable: CfMC_RingTimeout=30
Variable: CfMC_DoAMD=No
ActionID: CallAndQueue
Async: true

and things work as expected. This is in recent versions of 1.4 and 1.6.0.
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:***@cfmc.com

CfMC
http://www.cfmc.com/
Matthew Edmondson
2009-12-04 00:36:23 UTC
Thanks Jim.

We're using the 1.6.2 rc's. I'll try it on 1.6.0 and see if it works. If it
does then I guess its a bug in the new releases.

Problem is we need features of the 1.6.2.
Action: Originate
Tilghman Lesher
2009-12-04 04:00:07 UTC
Post by Matthew Edmondson
Hi guys I seem to be having a problem, I don't know if it's a bug or
whether I'm just doing it incorrectly.
I want to set about 3 channel variables when I originate a call via AMI.
Variable: variable1=value|variable2=value|variable3=value
With the change in application delimiter came this change, as it uses the
application delimiter parsing code. Therefore, the variable delimiter is a
comma, not the pipe.
--
Tilghman Lesher