[asterisk-users] MeetMe and setting conference timeout
ik
2009-06-01 09:43:43 UTC
Hello,

I have MeetMe rooms generated dynamically and it always have two people
inside that are entered by dialplan.

I wish to make in some way a timeout mechanism that after X amount of time,
it will disconnect the users and kick them out of the conference.
How can I do such thing ?

Thanks,

Ido
Danny Nicholas
2009-06-01 15:22:57 UTC
Write an AGI to hangup the users using Asterisk Manager. If you're the
ambitious type, you could do it with grep and awk from the dialplan; just
hangup the appropriate channels.

_____

Ido
Jared Smith
2009-06-01 19:36:16 UTC
Write an AGI to hangup the users using Asterisk Manager. If you’re
the ambitious type, you could do it with grep and awk from the
dialplan; just hangup the appropriate channels.
Wow... that sure sounds like complicated overkill to me. Why not just
set an absolute timeout on the channels? Something like:

exten => 123,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=3600)
exten => 123,n,MeetMe(blah,d)
--
Jared Smith
Training Manager
Digium, Inc.
Danny Nicholas
2009-06-01 19:42:24 UTC
That sounds good Jared; This would kill the channel 1 hour after caller 1
joined conference?

Jared Smith
2009-06-01 20:26:06 UTC
Post by Danny Nicholas
That sounds good Jared; This would kill the channel 1 hour after caller 1
joined conference?
Close... it will kill each channel one hour after each channel joined
the conference. If Bob joins at 5:00 and John joins at 5:01, then Bob's
channel dies at 6:00 and John's dies at 6:01. (You could obviously add
dialplan logic to calculate a smaller timeout value for John's call, but
I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.)
--
Jared Smith
Training Manager
Digium, Inc.
andrey
2013-09-19 11:40:33 UTC
Post by Jared Smith
exten => 123,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=3600)
exten => 123,n,MeetMe(blah,d)
if you are using freepbx and you want to set timeout for all conference rooms
go here -http://dn.forceit.ru/asterisk-conference-timeout

ik

Tilghman Lesher
2009-06-01 18:45:17 UTC
Post by ik
I have MeetMe rooms generated dynamically and it always have two people
inside that are entered by dialplan.
I wish to make in some way a timeout mechanism that after X amount of time,
it will disconnect the users and kick them out of the conference.
How can I do such thing ?
If you upgrade to Asterisk 1.6.0, you have those features as an intrinsic part
of the realtime integration.
Tilghman
Carlos Chavez
2009-06-01 18:53:22 UTC
Is there a README file with the new Realtime SQL table definition for
Meetme?
Post by Tilghman Lesher
Post by ik
I have MeetMe rooms generated dynamically and it always have two people
inside that are entered by dialplan.
I wish to make in some way a timeout mechanism that after X amount of time,
it will disconnect the users and kick them out of the conference.
How can I do such thing ?
If you upgrade to Asterisk 1.6.0, you have those features as an intrinsic part
of the realtime integration.
Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001
Tilghman Lesher
2009-06-01 19:25:37 UTC
Post by Tilghman Lesher
Post by ik
I have MeetMe rooms generated dynamically and it always have two people
inside that are entered by dialplan.
I wish to make in some way a timeout mechanism that after X amount of
time, it will disconnect the users and kick them out of the conference.
How can I do such thing ?
If you upgrade to Asterisk 1.6.0, you have those features as an intrinsic
part of the realtime integration.
There is not, but I just updated the documentation, when I saw the original
message in this thread. You can find the updated documentation here:
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0/contrib/scripts/meetme.sql
The new documentation should be in the next release of 1.6.0.
Tilghman
Justin Newman
2009-06-01 23:40:16 UTC
Another one bites the dust: Looks like Nufone is finally dead and out of business.

I heard they may be selling some of their software, name, and other items to another company, but that it probably won't happen.
Tilghman Lesher
2009-06-02 03:46:45 UTC
Post by Justin Newman
Another one bites the dust: Looks like Nufone is finally dead and out of business.
I heard they may be selling some of their software, name, and other items
to another company, but that it probably won't happen.
More on Jeremy's blog:
http://www.jeremy-mcnamara.com/2009/03/31/how-the-hell-happened-to-nufone/

Their fate was sealed when Jeremy threw up his hands in frustration and left.
Since he was the only one able to ever diagnose and fix problems, it was just
a matter of time after that occurrence till the business would shut down. At
the time Jeremy left, I was not aware and kept giving them more time to fix my
numbers. After 45 days (these aren't production numbers, just toll-frees I
have for fun!), I gave up and moved the remainders to Binfone.
Tilghman
JR Richardson
2009-06-01 22:13:49 UTC
Post by ik
I wish to make in some way a timeout mechanism that after X amount of time,
it will disconnect the users and kick them out of the conference.
How can I do such thing ?
This is from my realtime extensions, database formatted. Set the
TIMEOUT(absolute)=value to whatever you like in seconds. This will
kick this user out after 2 hours.

incomingconf 136 1 Answer
incomingconf 136 2 Set TIMEOUT(absolute)=7200
incomingconf 136 3 Wait 1
incomingconf 136 4 MeetMe 136|Mcp|
incomingconf 136 5 Playback vm-goodbye
incomingconf 136 6 Hangup