[asterisk-users] Queues without agent login
jonas kellens
2009-11-18 15:21:12 UTC
Is it possible to make use of queues for incoming calls but to have
agents that do not need to log in ?

If I create a queue and make certain SIP-users member of the queue, do
these SIP-users always need to log in to the queue to be able to receive
calls that are in the queue ??

Can't a member be just available when the phone is registered to the
Asterisk-server ? In stead of also having to call an extension to log in
(and having to give some PIN).

I just want a queue (with MoH) to collect multiple incoming calls and
then one at a time transfer them to an available SIP-phone.

Is this possible ?

Thanks you.

Jonas.
Barry L. Kline
2009-11-18 15:42:56 UTC
Post by jonas kellens
Is it possible to make use of queues for incoming calls but to have
agents that do not need to log in ?
Make the phones members of the queue. In queues.conf:

[MY_QUEUE]

member => SIP/1234
member => SIP/5678

etc.

Barry
jonas kellens
2009-11-26 11:03:30 UTC
Barry,

I'm using the Asterisk GUI. When defining a User extension (menu 'user')
the only option I have is "Is Agent".
The SIP extension (11) is automatically created as an agent that needs
to log in.

In the advanced options I can manually edit queues.conf and change to
"member=SIP/11".

This way of defining queues and members is a 2-step work. Can it be done
in 1 step using the Asterisk GUI ??

Kind regards,
Jonas.
Barry
Asterisk
2009-11-26 11:27:57 UTC
Hi guys,

Do you maybe know for a fairly good quality IAX2/SIP hard phones in up to 40 USD?

Thanks!

Regards,
Blaz
Noah Miller
2009-11-27 17:47:52 UTC
Hi Blaz -
Post by Asterisk
Do you maybe know for a fairly good quality IAX2/SIP hard phones in up to 40 USD?
I don't think there are any IAX hardphone in production anymore. You
might be able to find a used Atcom 320, but probably not for anywhere
close to $40.

It looks like voipsupply.com has some old Cisco 7910s for $40.

http://www.voipsupply.com/cisco-cp-7910g

That's about the lowest price you're going to find for a hardware IP
phone. You should be able to get an Aastra M9116 or a Grandstream
BT201 for around $50.

- Noah
Tarek Sawah
2009-11-18 15:58:02 UTC
Simply use
member=SIP/Tarek
member=IAX2/JONAS
member=LOCAL/whatever

simple and good..
with member=SIP/extension i'm facing a CALL WAITING issue.. the agent hears a callwaiting signal whenever the queue tries to call .. so i woul dsuggest using call-limit and busy limite with all your Agents

--
AHD Tarek Sawah

Integrated Digital Systems

CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP

Syria: +963 944 618286

USA: +1 347 562 2308

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009
Michael Graves
2009-11-28 21:14:31 UTC
Post by Noah Miller
Hi Blaz -
Post by Asterisk
Do you maybe know for a fairly good quality IAX2/SIP hard phones in up to 40
USD?
I don't think there are any IAX hardphone in production anymore. You
might be able to find a used Atcom 320, but probably not for anywhere
close to $40.
It looks like voipsupply.com has some old Cisco 7910s for $40.
http://www.voipsupply.com/cisco-cp-7910g
That's about the lowest price you're going to find for a hardware IP
phone. You should be able to get an Aastra M9116 or a Grandstream
BT201 for around $50.
This was a topic of discussion on a VUC call just a week or two back.
When the target price drops below about $50 it seems that the best
options are ATAs, not hard phones. There are more choices, and better
choices for ATAs in that price range.

Michael
--
Michael Graves