[Asterisk-Users] SIP TAPI
Jerry Jones
2006-04-17 23:37:58 UTC
Has anyone successfully implemented SIPTAPI with asterisk? It would
appear to require a true proxy. I assume it will need a seperate user
account to register and place calls, but I have been unable to get it
to attempt to register with asterisk.
If you have it working, example configuration would be appreciated.

Thanks
Klaus Darilion
2006-05-11 13:04:23 UTC
Post by Jerry Jones
Has anyone successfully implemented SIPTAPI with asterisk? It would
i use it with Asterisk without problems.
Post by Jerry Jones
appear to require a true proxy. I assume it will need a seperate user
you need either a separate user or use the user of the SIP phone.
Post by Jerry Jones
account to register and place calls, but I have been unable to get it to
attempt to register with asterisk.
It does not REGISTER by design - it will not receive calls, just make them.
Post by Jerry Jones
If you have it working, example configuration would be appreciated.
Configure the siptapi exactly like your sip phone.

make sure the call limit for this user >= 3 (maybe 2 works too)

make sure in your extensions.conf to have a routing to the sipphone
using the username used in the SIP configuration.

read the docs and use ethereal and debugview to watch the log messages.

klaus
Post by Jerry Jones
Thanks
Shawn Porter
2006-05-11 13:30:55 UTC
Never try upgrades half-asleep and 1/4-knowledgable!

Got a link from a friend about the FLITE TTS that was rewritten to work
really well with Asterisk. So I downloaded and installed it on my 1.0.9
server - oops. So, I downloaded Asterisk 1.2.7.1 did the proper install
process, got all kinds of warnings about incompatible modules. Forget what
all I did but I eventually got it to compile and install, but now when I run
asterisk -vvvvc it dies at chan_oss.

What all directories/files do I need to remove (I have backups at least) to
completely remove Asterisk so I can start over with 1.2.7.1?

thanks
u***@cingerr.com
2006-05-11 12:39:07 UTC
Try removing /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/* that would help. check if you
have extra modules in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and backup them. after
that do a make install in asterisk-1.2.7.1 and that`s all.
Gareth Blades
2006-05-11 13:38:04 UTC
It could be an old module still left behind from the previous version. I
would delete everything in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and then reinstall
(make install) and see if it will start.
Shawn Porter
2006-05-11 13:52:42 UTC
I did have some extra modules (mysql_cdr, cepstral tts) but I can
start-over. Based on your suggestion, I went one step further. I have gone
through and deleted (rm -Rf just to make sure :) )

/etc/asterisk
/var/lib/asterisk
/usr/lib/asterisk
/usr/include/asterisk
/usr/sbin/asterisk

I am just running the install process again.
make clean
make
make install

Will post results as soon as my poor machine finishes the compiling.