[Asterisk-Users] bluetooth headset with softphone or direct asterisk
Jerry Geis
2005-11-15 21:00:46 UTC
Anyone doing anything with bluetooth headsets?

I'd like to use one with asterisk. If that means through a softphone OR
directly
connected to asterisk - either way is fine.

I found the chan_bluetooth app and downloaded it but it does not compile
and have not been successful in reaching the author.

I have a kensington USB bluetooth module and a motorala bluetooth headset.

Any one have information on how to pair bluetooth modules under linux?

THanks

Jerry
trixter aka Bret McDanel
2005-11-15 23:06:46 UTC
Post by Jerry Geis
Anyone doing anything with bluetooth headsets?
I'd like to use one with asterisk. If that means through a softphone OR
directly
connected to asterisk - either way is fine.
http://mundy.org/blog/index.php?p=78

on automatic proximity detection, no BT device it forwards to your
mobile. The BT headset can be used as your 'soft phone' (more like
using chan_oss than a soft phone though).

They have links to $20-30 BT headsets that are currently on sale too.
--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com Bret McDanel
UK +44 870 340 4605 Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
David Woodhouse
2005-11-16 08:45:24 UTC
trixter aka Bret McDanel
2005-11-16 08:56:57 UTC
Post by David Woodhouse
Post by trixter aka Bret McDanel
on automatic proximity detection, no BT device it forwards to your
mobile. The BT headset can be used as your 'soft phone' (more like
using chan_oss than a soft phone though).
It's not _quite_ as bad as chan_oss; you do generally have at least one
No but its more like that than a softphone in terms of how it accesses
David Woodhouse
dwmw2
David Woodhouse
2005-11-16 08:37:43 UTC
Post by Jerry Geis
I found the chan_bluetooth app and downloaded it but it does not
compile and have not been successful in reaching the author.
There's a version which should work in my CVS tree:

cvs -d :pserver:***@cvs.infradead.org:/home/cvs co chan_bluetooth

(anoncvs password is 'anoncvs')
dwmw2
Ben Higley
2005-11-19 21:47:38 UTC
Thank you for this build.. this was able to compile using CVS head as of
today.

I have made some success.. and without the wiki porving much information I
need some help yet.

I have sucessfully connected asterisk to my pocket_pc phone. however, when
trying to dial i get:
*CLI> Nov 19 13:42:09 NOTICE[20114]:
/usr/src/chan_bluetooth/chan_bluetooth.c:2226 try_connect: Initialised
bluetooth link to device Pocket_PC
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+BRSF=23
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CIND=?
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CIND?
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CMER=3,0,0,1
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CLIP=1
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CGMI=?
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR

*CLI> bluetooth show peers
BDAddr Name Role Status A/C SCOCon/Fd/Th Sig
----------------- ---------- ---- ----------- --- ------------ ---
<mac hidden.....> Pocket_PC AG Ready Yes -1/-1/0 No

I try to issue

Dial(BLT/Pocket_PC/<phonenumber>)
Executing Dial("SIP/2001-4c11", "BLT/Pocket_PC/<phone number>") in new stack
[AG] Pocket_PC < ATD<phonenumber>;
-- Called Pocket_PC
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < ATH
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CHUP

Almost there... but how can i get over this last hurdle?

In order to get here. I have had to pair the device with asterisk, by

iie sdptool add HF (hands free)
sdptool add HS (headset)

In the outgoing connections window of my pocket pc i see the servername
and configured as a n Audio Gateway.

ARGH....
David Woodhouse
2005-11-21 09:59:33 UTC
Post by Ben Higley
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+BRSF=23
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CIND=?
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CIND?
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CMER=3,0,0,1
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CLIP=1
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
[AG] Pocket_PC < AT+CGMI=?
[AG] Pocket_PC > ERROR
Strange behaviour. Do you get similar behaviour if you connect to the
phone with minicom? Are you connecting on the correct channel?

Show sdptool browse output for the phone.
dwmw2
Ben Higley
Michael Van Donselaar
2005-11-16 16:03:39 UTC
Post by Jerry Geis
Anyone doing anything with bluetooth headsets?
Both DIAX and iaxComm will use the bluetooth headset for audio.

I think that DIAX has some additional support for the "hook" button, but I'm not
sure.

I'd love to add such a feature to iaxComm, but a cursory google search turns up
a flood of bluetooth stacks, and places to buy bluetooth headsets.